Wednesday, May 12, 2010

WSC U16 0 Vs Taroona 7 (Sat 8 May)

"We lost because we didn't win."
Ronaldo

Dear Under 16s,

Just a short note to offer some advice for this weekend's game, which is to be played against Taroona (again!) 12:30 pm, on SUNDAY 16 May at Kelvedon Park (again!) That means most of us know the way there now – if someone could kindly offer directions to the players missing last week, that would be shiny.

Firstly:
Do not show up for the game on Saturday, as that is way out! Roll up on Sunday and you've taken the first step towards a surprising victory; get there a bit early too, coaches always appreciate that (not Saturday early though...)

Secondly:
While I would counsel not dwelling too much on last week's game you should always take something from a loss – as ol' Schopenhauer once said “Life without pain has no meaning”. Last week's effort was a tad painful, which means there was something important to be learnt from it. Pay attention to Dalles at training, he has a mountain of experience of the game and knows what's what.

Thirdly:
Speaking of mountains; as Schopenhauer's good mate, the Little Engine once said “I think I can! I think I can! I think I can! I think I can!” etc. Yes, that little train did go on a bit, but it had a good point. I think you can, nay, I know you can! You can pull a good performance out of your collective hat, we've seen you do it; let the rabbit of optimism emerge from the burrow of doubt (or the hat of hesitation - take your pick). I'm serious, I'm not trying to be bunny...

No comments:

Post a Comment